Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Who knew that the most stressful part of my evening would be choosing a name for my blog? Not sure I love it yet, but it will do for now and I suppose it does give my readers an idea of some of the things I will discuss in my blog.

I am currently addicted to The Office right now. I don't have television, so I watch it all through instant Netflix. I am nearing the end of season 5 and it drives me crazy when people share details of episodes I have not seen yet. I often find myself wanting to say, "That's what she said." in the middle of conversations with friends and complete strangers. The latest urge to use the line was during a discussion with my boss (the principal of the school I teach at) as she was going over my performance evaluation...might be time to start watching a new show.

I am also currently addicted to coffee. I love the new french press I received for Christmas. It is like drinking an entirely different kind of coffee, but I hate all of the work that goes into using it. My favorite coffee comes from Kona. I prefer a flavored blend, something with vanilla or macadamia nut or both. But I hate spending the money to get good coffee. I often get up in the morning and put a couple spoonfuls of Folgers into my old, unwashed, 2-cup coffee pot from college and call it good.

I am in my third year of teaching 4th grade, which might explain the coffee addiction...and my addiction to The Office. I enjoy my job, but hate the politics. I love the kids, but don't always love the adults that come with them. I want to work less and get paid more.

This is my first time blogging, so bear with me as I figure this out. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought it was easier to work with kids than adults. They are much more open to new life. I appreciate your urge to use quotes that some people may not understand. However, it is lost if they don't get it. When does it matter that they don't understand the reference and when is it essential that they don't grasp the reference? It's like your own little private joke to yourself.

    ReplyDelete